The British Columbia Snowmobile Federation manages the curriculum and program administration for all SledSafe programs across the province of BC. To become a licensed Instructor on behalf of the BCSF, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Submit to BCSF an Application to attend a Snowmobile Instructor Preparation Course.
- Attend and complete the BCSF Instructor Preparation Course to include:
- Completing the Industrial Safe Operator Course (familiarization phase)
- Passing student teaching based upon BCSF competency-based evaluation criteria
- Pass written exam with a minimum pass mark of 75%
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a current Standard First Aid & CPR training and Avalanche Skills Training Level 1 certificate, as a minimum.
- Provide a copy of liability and instructor insurance to the BCSF
- Comply with all municipal, provincial, and federal statutes, regulations, and policies that may apply to the course or location where the course is taught.
- Submit a completed BCSF Instructor licensing Agreement and all relevant fees to the BCSF.
- Meet all annual continuing professional development requirements as set forth by the British Columbia Snowmobile Federation.
If you are interested in becoming an Instructor, please contact us